To celebrate National Hamburger Month, Schweid & Sons proudly brings you the 4th Annual NY Burger Week, May 1-7, 2015.
The Burger Week is a 7-day celebration of trendsetting chefs and unique Burgers with a series of daily events.
Hashtag = #BurgerWeek
Monday, May 4, 2015
MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU AT POUNDS & OUNCES
– Off-Menu Star Wars Themed Burgers & Cocktails –
Monday, May 4th
Pounds & Ounces
160 8th Ave, NYC
5:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Reservations only, meal is served ala carte
The 4th of May to most is just another day or the day before Cinco De Mayo but to many others, it’s a very special day. May 4th is Star Wars day. May the 4th Be With You as you celebrate your inner Burger nerd with Schweid & Sons at Pounds & Ounces (160 8th Ave) on May 4th for the 4th Annual NY Burger Week. Pounds & Ounces, for this day only, will transform into the Mos Eisley Cantina by serving an entire menu made up of Star Wars themed food including 5 off-menu Burgers including the Kobe-Wan Wagyu Burger featuring The Katana Blend from Schweid & Sons. While you’re enjoying your Star Wars themed Burger, you’ll be sure to try some of the drinks from a special Star Wars themed cocktail menu. A Bantha Burger (not actually made from Bantha) was made to be eaten while drinking Dark & Storm Troopery, but that’s obvious.
The Burgers served with Intergalactic battered fries or small salad
- R2-D2 – “short stack” galaxy CAB Burger, Gruyere, pickled onion relish
- Attack of the Clones Burger – black bean veggie burger, pepper jack and guacamole, salsa
- CAB-3PO – CAB Burger, aged cheddar, heirloom tomato, giant wasabi crusted onion ring, jalapeño-ginger ketchup
- Chewbacca – double CAB Burger, double cheddar, double bacon, “Chewpotle” aioli
- Han’s First Shot Slider – CAB slider, american cheese, chewy cholula ketchup
- Kobe-Wan Wagyu Burger – kobe beef Burger, raw red onions, neuske’s bacon, mozzarella, basil aioli
- Death Star Claw -Louisiana style surf and turf burger topped with cheddar cheese, char grilled corn salsa, remoulade and crowned with a crispy Cajun soft shell crab
Click here to view the entire menu.
- Dark & Storm Troopery – dark rum, ginger beer, squeeze of lime
- Qui-Gon Gimlet – Stoli, pineapple juice, lime and lemon juice, sugar
- The Tatooine – Wild Turkey American Honey Sting, blood orange puree, muddled orange peel, ginger beer
- The Coruscant – Absolut cherrykran, white cranberry juice with a sugar rim
- The “Blue Milk” – Amaretto, Frangelico, blue cream
- The Mustafar – Jack Fire Cinnamon whiskey, Stoli vanilla, root beer
- The Alderaan- Pisco Porton, pineapple juice, lemon juice, simple syrup, cranberry juice
Pounds & Ounces will be showing the original Star Wars Trilogy (Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back & Return of the Jedi) on the TV screens all night long. Show up in a Star Wars themed costume & be entered in a contest to win a $100 gift card to Pounds & Ounces and a Schweid & Sons Home Chef apron.
May the 4th Be With You!
*Reservations are required for tables.
*No reservations needed for seats at the bar but space is first come, first serve.
*Must be 21 years or older with valid ID
*Must be seated 10 minutes before reservation