NY BURGER WEEK MAY 1-7, 2015
– 7 Days of delicious Burger events
The Burger Week is a 7-day celebration of trendsetting chefs and unique Burgers with a series of daily events.
Hashtag = #BurgerWeek
4 years!! That’s proof that New York truly is Burger City and home to some of the hardest working, most innovative and passionate restauranteurs, Chefs and Burger fanatics. It’s an honor and a pleasure, a really delicious one, to be able to bring NY Burger Week to you. Sure we love Burgers but it’s your passion for them that drives us to create this fun showcase of the Burger talent in our home town.
NY BURGER WEEK 2015 BY THE NUMBERS
- Number of events: 7
- Number of restaurants involved in events: 11
- Number of NY Burger Week MVPs: 2
- Adam Poch (from CBS “Big Brother” Season 13) attended 3 of 7 events!
- Might Mike Fox attended 3 of 7 events!
- Amount of Burgers consumed personally: 26
- Total Guests: 1036
and for the biggest and most important number of them all, drum roll please …
Number of Burgers served:
2ND ANNUAL NY BURGER FEAST
– Burger Party Featuring 7 of NYC’s Best Burger Restaurants –
Brought to you by Gotham Burger Social Club
THE BEER CULTURE BOOZY BURGER BRUNCH
– Beer & Whiskey Pairing with 3 kinds of Certified Angus Beef® Burgers –
MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU AT POUNDS & OUNCES
– Off-Menu Star Wars Themed Burgers & Cocktails –
GENUINE SUPERETTE BLIND BURGER TASTING
– Taste and Rate 3 Burger Creations by Chef Brad Farmerie … Blind Folded –
BEER AUTHORITY BEER BURGER DINNER
– 3 Burger and 3 Beer Pairing Dinner –
BURGERS AND BUBBLY PAIRING DINNER AT NEW YORK BEER CO
– 4 Course Dinner with an Expert Guided 4 Course Bubbly Pairing –
About NY Burger Week
NY Burger Week is an annual delicious celebration of all things Burger in New York. It was founded by David “Rev” Ciancio, the Director of Marketing for Schweid & Sons. Rev has written about more than 600 Burgers, been featured on numerous different TV shows and named an “Expert Burger Taster” by The Learning Channel.
About Schweid & Sons
Schweid & Sons traces their origins to 1978 when David Schweid, a 3rd generation meat man opened the business in New York City’s meatpacking district. The company is now wholly owned and operated by David and his two sons, Jamie & Brad, in Carlstadt, NJ. Schweid & Sons specializes in making fresh Burgers in all shapes, sizes and blends. Custom blends include everything from chuck to hanger to short rib to brisket. Schweid & Sons also grinds Certified Angus Beef, All Natural and Grass Fed ground beef while actively participating and adheres to Certified Humane certifications. The company has been awarded with the highest standards of SQF certification in both food safety and food quality. Schweid & Sons uses a delicate process to create ground beef that has a soft bite that maintains all natural beef flavors.